Protecting and insuring your belongings is essential. It is very difficult to foresee what could happen to our valuables, such as our vehicles. At LatinPro Insurance, we advise you to take the necessary measures if you have a car in Florida. Do you know who is required to have car insurance in Orlando? We will tell you all about it!
We must reiterate that it is essential to purchase car insurance, as this service covers sudden damage, accident repairs, towing, maintenance, and much more. We offer you the opportunity to buy car insurance in Florida at LatinPro Insurance. If you want to know when this is a good idea, read on.
When to buy car insurance in Florida
Anyone who has owned a car in Florida for more than 90 days in a 365-day period must have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Property Damage Liability (PDL) insurance. The 90 days do not need to be consecutive.
It is important to note that you must show proof of PIP and PDL before registering a vehicle with at least four wheels in Florida. PIP covers 80% of all reasonable and necessary medical expenses up to $10,000 as a result of a covered injury, regardless of who caused the collision. PDL, on the other hand, pays for damage to someone else’s property caused by you or anyone else in the insured vehicle.
In addition, proof of coverage must be issued by an insurance company licensed to sell policies in Florida or qualify for a certificate of self-insurance issued by the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). At LatinPro Insurance, we provide you with the resources you need to insure your car and guide you through the entire process.
Must every vehicle in Florida be insured?
The answer to this question is “yes” as long as the above conditions are met. So any vehicle with a current Florida registration must be:
- Be insured with PIP and PDL at the time of registration.
- Have a minimum of $10,000 PIP and $10,000 PDL. Vehicles registered as taxis must have a BIL of $125,000 per person, $250,000 per occurrence, and PDL of $50,000 per occurrence.
- Have continuous coverage even when the vehicle is not being driven or operated.
- Buy the policy from an insurance company licensed in Florida. If you are new to the state, you can ask your agent to transfer your current insurance to a Florida policy.
- Maintain Florida coverage throughout the registration period, regardless of the vehicle’s location.
All you need to do to buy your car insurance is contact us today. Our advisors will guide you through the process and offer you the best options.